The Church of St. Michael is situated in the middle of the village - a little to the side of the main road. Parts of the church date back to around 1200 while the north chapel was added in 1325 and the tower in 1480. The church was restored in the late 19th Century to its present form.
The Parochial Church Council
__The Parochial Church Council consists of a Chairman Rev. Martin Weymont, our new Churchwardens Jill Wright & Geoff Merriden, Treasurer Sara Corbett. Secretary Debbie Cary. Other PCC members Ian & Rosemary Williams, Millie Merriden & David Roberts. The PCC meets several times a year to discuss the general running of the Church, Services, Maintenance of the building and how to increase the congregation!
We have in the past few years held festivals and concerts in our church in an effort to raise funds for the church. We are also applying for grants for our new hospitality area and w.c. in church. These have to be matched by locally generated donations. We welcome new ideas and new people.